Senior IT ManagerReference: J41317
The position will also take a lead in a number of exciting new business wide system implementations, as well as leading some new developments to support the groups entire IT infrastructure.
Duties will include:
• Line manage, mentor and guide team members
• Manage external resources (contractor, consultants, suppliers) - establish work schedules and budgets, monitor output, ensure that work is documented etc.
• Renegotiation and tendering for IT supply and systems etc.
• Proactively communicate IT matters to the broader business
• Manage IT budgets and expenditure - produce budgets, monitor expenditure against budget, manage supplier relationships
• Work with IT and external suppliers to resolve 3rd line support issues
• Provide a strategic view for IT
• Document plans and procedures for all IT issues
• Identify, develop and implement new IT strategies and ways of working using available best practice and introducing new technologies where applicable - work with suppliers, users and IT to determine, select and implement solutions/projects, ensure all processes are operationally sound, reliable and resilient
• Establish/develop and maintain relationships with the different departments - identify support issues, identify opportunities for improving processes
• Working with the business to define administration roles for business systems
We are looking for experience in the following:
• Project Management experience - particularly in implementation of new systems
• Must be able to demonstrate good experience of IT delivery to an SME environment
• Strong people management and leadership experience/approach
• Solid understanding of the IT process and procedures and the need for quality user support
• A hands-on approach
• Strong communicator
The position is working in modern offices with close access from the A14 in Suffolk.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leading business offering clear career progression and excellent salary/benefits.
Benefits include - 25 days' holiday, contributory pension, healthcare and dental, bonus scheme and company car.