Senior FP&A ManagerReference: J50281
Midwich, an AIM listed, award winning, international specialist distribution group, has a history of growth through a combination of organic growth and international acquisitions. Midwich have a large and diverse base of approximately 13,000 customers and long-standing relationships with around 330 vendors, including blue chip organisations.
What you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for completion of all operational financial integration tasks identified during the due diligence stage of each future acquisition including any or all of the following:
- Reviewing of the entity's working capital and cash management practices with a view to introducing improvements where required
- Reviewing of the entity's banking arrangements to ensure facilities are adequate for working capital requirements
- Reviewing of the entity's supplementary management reporting to ensure it is adequate for Group analytical purposes
- Reviewing of the entity's control procedures to ensure adequate for group purposes and, if not, to introduce more robust procedures
- Further investigation of control issues identified in the due diligence process
- Assisting the Head of European Operations on other ad hoc integration tasks in any way required;
- Assist the Group management reporting team, where necessary, in all matters of financial onboarding including:
- Agreeing the acquisition balance sheet;
- General ledger mapping;
- Ensuring monthly management accounts are provided in the Group format and with adequate back up for key balance sheet control accounts;
- Aligning the subsidiary to Group accounting processes and principles;
- Providing guidance and training to local finance teams during the financial onboarding process;
- Supporting the subsidiaries' management and commercial teams. Implement reporting tools, or set up a supply of financial information which helps the commercial team adapt to new Group finance policies;
- Supporting to the Group FD in one off projects, or assignments as required. This may include support in bringing acquired companies into line with Group compliance standards.
Skills & experience:
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in, or audit of, a number of different industry types
- IFRS training preferable
- Experience of implementing financial reporting processes preferable
- Ability and desire to travel is essential
Despite the growth, the business still create a dynamic culture ensuring they do not lose the family feel, they are focussed commercial performance, providing outstanding quality and customer service, identifying the strengths of individuals and offering fantastic scope for areas of training needs and development. They are renowned for their inclusive fun and vibrant culture, working closely with the team and providing a progressive working environment.
All applications must be submitted via Pure, please contact Tom Earl with any questions.