Senior Buyer - 6 Month FTCReference: J57682
• To lead on the creation, review and delivery of innovative procurement strategies ensuring that they align with the needs of the organisation, delivering the best possible prices, quality and service, whilst ensuring that best procurement practices is maintained.
• Identify creative procurement solutions to deliver organisational outcomes.
• Developing and implementing Public Contracts 2015 compliant policies and procedures.
• Manage team resource through the use of the Procurement Team Resource Plan to ensure projects are delivered within planned timelines.
• To lead on the education of staff with regards the importance and benefits of effective procurement practice and effectively communicate processes and policies
• Ensure that the route to market for any procurement activity is fully compliant and robust
• Identify and drive forwards cost savings against current procurement spend
• Ensure that supplier contracts are robust and do not expose to unacceptable risks
• Escalate any procurement related issues or risks to the Head of Operations or Senior Leadership Team as appropriate
• Maintaining contracts register, and using it to proactively prompt budget holders to review / retender their contracts as appropriate
• Create, implement and monitor KPI's as necessary
• Create and maintain effective and appropriate performance management systems for all contracts and participate in monitoring and review of providers/suppliers
• Supply management of contracted suppliers to ensure acceptable continuity of service
• Provide Management reports as necessary
• Liaise with finance to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices
• Work as part of a project team to provide hands on work, and procurement expertise.
• Reviewing preliminary market consultations to identify new entrants, obtain indicative pricing etc.
• Line management of the Procurement Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Recent hands-on experience of procurement and tendering gained in the public sector, deploying a range of procurement methods, within a senior management position
• Substantial working knowledge of the European Union Public Contract Regulations and demonstrable experience of successfully executing complex procurement and tendering programmes within these regulations and its parameters
• Demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong planning, leadership, monitoring & motivating skills to manage & develop project teams to drive maximum productivity and performance and to meet challenging deadlines, leading by example
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, with an ability to challenge, support, influence and engage senior managers and peers across the organisation and also externally with partners, stakeholders and suppliers
• Exceptional aural, oral and written skills, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office products
• Relevant professional qualification such as CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience
• Working Knowledge of Bravo e-tendering portal
• Strong understanding of the Adult Social Care market and its associated challenges and opportunities.
If you are available immediately and have previous experience working as a Buyer, please get in touch to find out more!