Purchasing Materials ManagerReference: J50984
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Materials Manager to join and exciting and busy print procurement department.
Working closely with the Commercial Director the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing the company's full inbound supply chain, maintain service levels and competitive procurement.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing sub-contractors to ensure forward programming, timeframes and budgets are achieved in conjunction with the company's transport management team
• Preparation of data to enable accurate supplier tendering for long term agreements
• Negotiation of long-term contracts and payment terms for suppliers and services
• Forward planning and purchasing of materials to ensure continuity of supply during peak production periods.
• Liaising and supporting sales and customer services to ensure competitive estimating and availability of materials
• Co-operation with customers to source materials on their behalf
• Monitoring and placement of maintenance contracts to ensure legislative compliance
• Management of stock levels to ensure efficient use of storage facilities
• Manage and maintain stock levels of consumable machine parts
• General oversight of annual stock take
• Supervision and control of purchasing assistant
• Issuing purchase orders to suppliers and sub-contractors through the company's MIS system
• Production of monthly supply chain reports and KPI's
The successful candidate should have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and can grasp every opportunity to add value to the business wherever and whenever possible.
Experience in using Imprint management information software desirable, but not essential. If you have the right skills and experience and would like to be considered for the position, please send your updated CV to Andrea at Pure.