Purchase Ledger AssistantReference: J56852
Benefits include onsite parking, new modern offices, study support, Free lunch Wednesdays and private healthcare.
The Purchase ledger role is a key part of the finance function, and you would report into the supervisor.
• Ensure expense claims and invoices are approved ,on a timely manner for processing into
• Uphold internal control processes to ensure all invoices are correctly authorised at the appropriate level
• Ensure a high level and accuracy of all invoices and expense coding including VAT
• Maintain adequate records and chasing associated invoices to comply with month end cut-off reporting
• Investigate and resolve purchase ledger queries as required
• Responsibility for the monthly closure of the purchase ledger, including ensuring all received invoices are posted and all recharge accounts are cleared
• Reconciliation of trade creditors at the month-end to the TB and investigate any differences in a timely manor
• Producing chaps & bacs payments requests in various currencies in line with supplier credit terms
• Ensuring prompt filing of supplier invoices
• Liaising with suppliers concerning invoice queries
• Liaising with managerial staff and other colleagues for queries on costs
• Ensure the correct VAT number is quoted on the relevant supplier invoices to maintain the accuracy of VAT inputs
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Excellent excel skills
• Previous experience in an accountancy role
• Knowledge of Sage is desirable
• QBE or studying AAT
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to handle pressure and sick to deadlines
• Able to develop professional relationships both internally and externally
If you believe, you have the skills, knowledge and experience for this role, and want to be part of a exciting organisation we would like to hear from you.
Please apply or contact Rachel@ Pure for further information.