Marketing Communications managerReference: J53049
Day-to-day, you will have responsibility for the press office and corporate publications, and provide expertise and advice, ensuring the reputation of the company is promoted and protected. You will also work with a range of colleagues to proactively manage positive campaigns across a range of external channels, develop and sustain relationships with the media, whilst providing sound advice to senior stakeholders on media opportunities, issues and risks.
• Manage the department's press office and act as a first point of call for media enquiries, tracking and responding to media activity.
• Proactively manage a pipeline of positive media coverage and quality news stories through building and collaborating with a strong network of internal stakeholders.
• Ensure all media relations activity is defined & planned across communication channels e.g. Website, social media platforms, newsletters, bulletins, publications and internal channels.
• Build effective relationships with media editors and journalists, to positively influence coverage and comment.
• Support and co-ordinate response for issue and crisis communications
• Work closely with senior stakeholders to develop comments in response to media activity.
• Lead on the production and print of Group publications, coordinating and editing content.
• Produce daily and weekly new digests.
• Day to day line management responsibility for some members of the team.
You will require:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification
• Significant PR experience with media relations in an international organisation, (preferably education/assessment sector).
• Strong track record of identifying appropriate media opportunities
• Experience managing PR agencies.
• Able to influence and support senior level stakeholders.
• Experience of evaluating impact of media activity.
• Proven experience of handling crisis communication and identifying issues of reputational risk.
• Building and maintaining relationships with media, including editors, journalists and broadcasters.
• Creating engaging content for press releases
• Solid experience of social media management.
• Exposure to working in a matrix environment, achieving results though collaborative, and partnership working.
• Previous line management experience.
This opportunity with a not for profit group provides an excellent opportunity to join a market leader, who rewards with valuable learning opportunities, competitive salaries and a range of benefits.