Management AccountantReference: J57388
Reporting to the Finance Director, the ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent with drive and commitment, thriving on challenges and delivering against targets to support the business to achieve its Business Plan.
• Responsible for management information and balance sheet reconciliation. Role will include treasury and cash management and assisting with budgets, forecasts and management accounts.
• Prepares with the Finance Director the monthly management accounts, investor reports, financial KPI, commentary and analysis.
• Assist with preparing the annual statutory financial accounts, UK corporation tax returns and Companies House filings.
• Prepare the quarterly VAT returns.
• Assists with the preparation of supplementary information and analysis for the monthly Board pack.
• Maintain records of prepayments, accruals and provisions.
• Prepare with the Finance Director the annual budget, updated forecasts and analysis of results.
• Develop and maintain detailed cash flow and foreign exchange forecasts, supporting the Finance Director in managing borrowings and hedging foreign exchange exposures.
• Prepare regular analysis of sales and margins by product, brand and channel.
• Analyse various costs, particularly product costs against standard costs and marketing expenditure.
• Responsible for maintaining the marketing and sales rebate tracker, reconciling them to monthly management account.
• To manage and report the fixed asset acquisitions against the capex budget.
• Assisting with the smooth running of the finance departments day-to-day functions, including covering other finance duties when other team members are absent.
• Assists with the external statutory Audit process and any Tax or VAT audits.
Ideally you will have experience of working for or with SMEs, have previous proven experience within a payments and cash management function. Successful track record in a financial career with a strong commercial focus and progression and strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
Quality, integrity, passion and brand are core to this company's ethos, values and success. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you please get in touch to discuss further.