Legal Billing Team LEaderReference: J57116
Key Duties will include;
• Motivate, mentor and provide leadership to the Billing team including setting and reviewing performance objectives on a regular basis using the formal appraisal process and other informal approaches
• Monitor workload distribution and overtime requirements, identifying areas where efficiencies of the billing function can be improved and work with the Billing Management team, to implement approved changes
• Maintain a well organised Billing function, ensuring adequate staffing to provide cover so that the Billing team can respond to all requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure active management of the Firm's work in progress (WIP) liaising with Fee Earners and Partners to regularly meet billing and lock up targets
• Set billing deadlines/timetables to optimise the spread of billing throughout the month/quarter
• Monitor actual billings against budgets and liaise with other Finance Managers where necessary.
• Previous experience in a billing function in a law firm/professional services environment
• Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and VAT Regulations
• Experience of internal and external compliance
• Advanced IT skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Elite 3E (or similar financial systems).