IT Service DeskReference: J56840
This is a superb opportunity to work with an experienced team in a business that supports learning, development and progression.
The duties are as follows:
• Provide first line investigation, diagnosis, escalation and resolution of incidents and service requests in line with documented procedures to ensure high availability and efficient running of IT systems for the business.
• Maintain IT equipment and operational records efficiently and accurately to enable effective support of systems by the IT support function.
• Provide support, documentation and cover for the Service Desk to ensure that consistent support services to the users and business are maintained.
• Investigate and escalate issues to a senior level where problems can't be resolved
• Analysis of data and logs to investigate IT issues
• Providing support to the business on general IT issues remotely and desk side
• Generate and format reports for IT to measure performance against SLA's
• Support with technical training to users and guidance on best advice for IT issues
Candidates must have the following:
• 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C to include English and Maths
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Broad understanding of computer networking concepts. Detailed understanding of servers, clients, applications and communications.
• Experience of an IT service desk / helpdesk role providing a clear understanding of the concepts and principles of IT Service Operations and a broad understanding of the overall concepts of the ITIL lifecycle to ensure that requests are appropriate and correctly allocated.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Desktop technologies including Windows 7 and 10.
• Detailed knowledge of the IT Support function and its operation in the provision of IT Services
You will have the opportunity to work for a great company with a vibrant culture who offer a generous pension scheme and excellent transport links.