IT ManagerReference: J50316
As IT Manager you will take full responsibility for managing the IT department, managing external resources, managing the provision and project deployments for the entire business and ensuring excellent customer service.
• To manage the day to day aspects of the IT department
• Line manage, mentor and guide team members
• Manage the IT team to ensure requests for support and projects are handled in a fast and efficient manner
• Manage external resources (contractor, consultants) - establish work schedules and budgets, monitor output, ensure that work is documented and any operation tasks are validated and conform to the companies standard procedures.
• Proactively communicate IT matters to the business, as appropriate
• Manage IT budgets and expenditure - produce budgets, monitor expenditure against budget, manage supplier relationships
• Work with IT and external suppliers to resolve 3rd line support issues
• Provide a strategic view for IT
• Document plans and procedures and ensure they are followed by team members
• Identify, develop and implement new IT strategies and ways of working using available best practice and introducing new technologies where applicable - work with suppliers, users and IT to determine, select and implement solutions/projects, ensure all processes are operationally sound, reliable and resilient
• Establish/develop and maintain relationships with the different departments - identify support issues, identify opportunities for improving processes
• Working with the business to define administration roles for business systems
• Able to work hands on when necessary
• Project Management - ERP implementation experience highly desirable
• Must be able to demonstrate good experience of IT delivery to an SME environment
• Strong people management
• Solid understanding of the IT process and procedures and the need for quality user support
• A hands-on approach
• Strong communicator
The position is working for an excellent business offering development, progression, and a superb salary and benefits package.