IT ManagerReference: J57126
As IT Manager, in addition to managing a small IT Support Team, you will be responsible for the implementation of technology within the business, evaluating user needs against system functionality ensuring that the company's IT suppliers meet these needs as appropriate. You will also make recommendations to Key Stakeholders in respect of IT strategy.
The post will also work with the senior management team involved in the strategy and commercial decision making more broadly across the company.
You will be required to:
• Plan the IT budget & strategy, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness
• Management of a small IT support and web development team
• Work with IT suppliers scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems
• Research and install new systems as required - wide range of new IT projects planned!
• Ensure the smooth running of all IT systems
• Work with IT suppliers ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to and licenses are up to date
• Work with IT suppliers to provide secure access to the network for remote users
• Ensure that the systems and data are secure from internal and external threats;
• Manage change requests for the business assisting business users in the specification;
• Manage the testing plans and communications of all updates and upgrades of the IT systems
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Proficient experience of server technologies and with various virtual servers and virtual desktops
• Experience of Windows 10 & Microsoft 365 - any experience in CRM systems an advantage
• Very good PC and Network troubleshooting skills in a TCP/IP etc.
• Ability to setup new user accounts and perform network administration tasks.
• Familiar with a range of hardware solutions - PC's, Laptops, Thin Client devices, VOIP, mobile etc
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in web development advantageous (not hands on code!)
This is a very dynamic business so personality is key! You will need strong communication skills and be willing to share your knowledge across the business.
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer!