IT 2nd Line SupportReference: J50392
What is the job?
You will be working as part of a small IT support team of circa seven people, predominately getting involved with 2nd line support but also supporting the IT Manager with them reporting responsibilities for the site and playing a key role in project work across the business. The manager is looking for somebody to act as his number two in the business and support him in a proactive manner whilst maintaining your 2nd line responsibilities.
What will I be doing?
• 2nd line troubleshooting and resolutions adhering to the SLA agreements
• Assist with some 1st line calls during busy times and add to the 1st line solutions database to increase the efficiency of the 1st line team
• Assist the IT Manager with various tasks related to project work within the business
• Support all desktop requirements including reimaging, building, remote and desk side support
What do I need to apply?
• Experience working to a 2nd line standard (essential)
• Strong working knowledge of Desktops/Laptops and mobile devices (essential)
• Office 365 and Active Directory knowledge (essential)
• Scripting knowledge i.e Batch, Vbscript or PowerShell (highly desirable)
This position is a great opportunity for a 2nd line technician looking for a role with wider responsibilities and exposure to project work. This position does require somebody with strong 2nd line skills so unfortunately 1st line candidates looking to step up will not be considered for this position.