HR Administration - Old SchoolsReference: J51834
• Provide diagnostic service on a range of HR Administration issues, analyse and define operational problems and recommend a range of solutions to meet service requirements
• Providing first line advice, guiding managers/ staff to relevant policies including answering HR help line queries. Discuss proposed advice for exceptions/ complex queries. Discuss proposed advice for exception/ complex queries with manager/mentor.
• Administer key schemes i.e. senior academic promotions, retirements, returning carers. Produces corresponding letters and answer new adhoc queries where appropriate. Provide administrative support to the HR business manager on a daily basis. For example diary management, note taking and providing written reports where required.
Developing HR Service and Policy
• Work on the more common and recurring HR Issues under readily available guidance
• Work on smaller/lower risk projects or contribute to components of larger projects. Work to predetermined project parameters and under readily available guidance and direction.
• Strong organisational skills
• Flexible approach to demonstrating the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
• Evidence of dealing with basic queries
• Able to take responsibility for planning own work load and deliver consistently when working to strict timescales
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to successfully present information verbally through use of formal presentation
• It literate and experienced in the use of computer software
For more information please contact Miranda on 01223 209888