Head of Strategic Business DevelopmentReference: J56839
This is a market facing business development role leading and supporting new business wins, identifying opportunities and strengthening existing relationships in order to support sustainable, profitable growth. You will also be responsible for leading a small marketing team and setting the strategic direction and supporting with the delivery.
Duties include -
* Meeting existing and prospective clients to explore business opportunities and understand cross selling opportunities
* Review the existing events portfolio, the impact on brand building and ROI and rationalise accordingly
* Keeping up to date with business trends to identify key areas of focus for potential growth
* Performing research into the market, ensuring awareness of competitor activity
* Promoting a blended approach to the development of new business for inclusion in client retention and key account management initiatives as required
* Lead and manage the marketing team to deliver the marketing plan
This role will suit a candidate with previous strategic business development experience, gained from a services/professional services background. You will be self motivated, autonomous and an excellent communicator. You will be comfortable dealing with clients both face to face and over the phone and will be experienced in identifying opportunities and maximising these in order to grow the business.
The company are based on the outskirts of Colchester town centre and offer free on site car parking and a highly competitive benefits package