Head of ProcurementJob not available
Our client are a nationwide business with multiple sites across the UK and have significant growth plans over the coming years. This role has been newly created to lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
This will be a hands on role so having the ability to work autonomously and manage a variety of stakeholders will be key.
The role will have limited travel around the UK.
This role will be a standalone role with the following key responsibilities:-
• Define and deliver the procurement strategy as agreed with the senior leadership team
• Pro-actively provide relevant and timely information to key stakeholders to enable appropriate decision making
• Perform the full range of procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts
• Manage the process for the measuring of supplier performance so that effective feedback takes place to facilitate continuous improvement
• Identify cost reduction and efficiency opportunities and contribute to the achievement of efficiency targets
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers and customers
• Lead the resolution of equipment and supply quality and service problems with suppliers
• Significant experience in a similar senior procurement role within a fast paced and high volume environment
• Fully Qualified CIPS professional
• Sector experience of engineering, manufacturing or construction is highly desirable
• A proven track record of delivering results and achieving cost savings and improvements
• Project management skills including strong stakeholder engagement
• Strong character with the ability to work on own initiative
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
Please contact Andy Dowsett at Pure Resourcing Solutions for further information.