Group FP&A ManagerJob not available
Reporting to the new Group Finance Director, this role is responsible for financial planning, management information and commercial decision support across the Group. We are looking for a true business partner who can work closely with both the Group senior leadership team and the commercial P&L owners.
Midwich Plc is a market-leading trade-only distributor of technology products. The Group was admitted to the AIM market in May 2016 and now has a market capitalisation of over £500 million. Midwich has grown significantly in recent years (+25% revenue growth in H1 2018), through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions. The Group employs over 800 people and has annual revenues in excess of £500 million. After a number of international acquisitions, Midwich now operates in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Benelux, Australia and New Zealand.
Midwich has a dynamic and entrepreneurial culture with an emphasis on commercial performance, providing outstanding quality and customer service. Operating to a company-wide set of values, our business is renowned for an inclusive, fun and vibrant culture. There is an emphasis on ownership, openness, integrity, teamwork and providing a progressive working environment.
The global finance team has developed significantly since the Group's IPO, through both internal promotions and bringing in new talent. The successful candidate for this role will be a senior member of the finance team, working closely with the different finance leaders around the world. You will also have the opportunity to build and develop the Group finance function.
The ideal candidate will possess sound commercial finance expertise, a problem solving mindset and a track record of getting things done. You will be confident in developing and presenting ideas and be comfortable designing processes and implementing change across a fast-growing international business.
This is a true business partnering role, so whilst business planning and management information are at the heart of the role, there are opportunities to be involved in other areas such as:
• Onboarding new acquisitions
• Being involved in Group cash flow modelling and treasury management
• Leading the Group requirements for our new ERP system
• Supporting significant investment decisions
• Finance team development and best practice sharing
This is a rare opportunity to shape the finance function of a recently listed public company and to develop your career within a fast-paced business.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading the Group planning process (annual budget and regular forecasts)
• Producing Group P&L/KPI reporting and analysis
• Group strategic plan and cash flow modelling
• Defining and implementing best practice processes for the commercial finance teams
• Acquisition integration and support
• Post-acquisition performance assessment
• Drafting Board papers
• Group analysis for external reporting
• Decision support for Group projects
• Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of commercial finance reporting
• Representing the commercial finance as part of the new ERP programme
• Deputising for the Group Finance Director
Skills & experience:
• A qualified accountant
• Commercial finance experience - ideally gained in a multinational listed business
• Strong analysis skills including the use of business intelligence tools and finance systems
• Financial modelling experience
• A practical and pragmatic approach - able to see the big picture and develop processes that align with commercial goals of the business
• A track record of delivering change and process improvement
• Team leadership - direct line management experience with a track record of hiring/developing team members
All applications must be submitted via Pure, please contact Tom Earl with any questions.
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: