Financial AccountantReference: J59038
This is a broad role across both Financial and Management accounts and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to join a business going through some very positive changes.
• Ensure automatic billing is running correctly, and all invoices have been produced, investigate and proactively correct any errors
• Prepare the bank account reconciliations daily
• Complete balance sheet reconciliations and month end routines
• Oversee recharging of monthly fees within group and raise external monthly invoices for rebates
• Complete monthly journals for management accounts in line with UK GAAP
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
• Ensure that all month end data input is complete for month end closure
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports
• Co-ordinate and positively contribute to continuous improvement projects
• Prepare the quarterly VAT return
• Annual PSA return to HMRC
• Complete the ONS returns within set timescales
• Contribute to year-end audit and supply relevant requested information to external auditors
• Support the Finance Manager in preparation of the year end statutory accounts and corporation tax computation
• Help develop KPI's
You will build strong working relationships across the business and be able to demonstrate the following skills. Experience of reconciling balance sheet accounts, full understanding of double entry, Trial Balance, Profit and loss and Balance Sheet and a knowledge of UK GAAP.
Ideally you will be AAT qualified or studying towards a professional qualification ACCA, CIMA or equivalent or be able to demonstrate similar experience within a previous role.
My client offers a good working environment and they have a strong set of values and offer ongoing career progression and a good benefits package.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Mark Wishart at Pure on 01223209888