Finance DirectorReference: BH-51485
The industry continues to evolve and with the investment in Low Earth Orbit Satellites, this creates exciting opportunities for AST to evolve and remain thought leaders and innovators who continually provide their customers the very best service and solutions.
They are thrilled to announce a partnership with OneWeb which will provide fast, flexible, next-generation connectivity solutions. With global coverage, users will be able to access seamless connectivity in even the most remote locations on land and at sea.
OneWeb’s innovative constellation will provide ground-breaking fibre-like connectivity and AST’s experience and expertise will provide on-site installation, access to the satellite network, and the terrestrial internet – a fully managed service.
Led by an inspirational CEO, AST has created a robust and financially secure business. They enter the next exciting growth phase, as such, they are looking to strengthen their leadership team with the appointment of an MD and this critical position of Finance Director.
This role has been created to provide management and leadership to the finance team and broader business functions.
The role can be broken down into three key areas:
- Lead the finance team to deliver strong financial controls, governance, financial reporting, and a business partnering culture.
- From this solid base, the main focus of the role is taking overall responsibility for the development, performance, and maintenance of the commercial activities of the group to obtain maximum efficiency, quality, service, and profitability for the company.
- This is a senior leadership role where you will take responsibility for the running of the business with the SMT and Board. You will play an active role in strategy, operational performance, leadership, management, and evolving culture.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
- Natural leader of people with excellent managerial and motivational skills. Able to support and stand in for Managing Director.
- Strong financial acumen, financially qualified, with a track record improving profitability through detailed analysis and interpretation.
- Led Finance teams, preferably in an international market, to drive business performance.
- Exposure to mergers and acquisitions.
- Synergistic industry experience and in-depth knowledge of a similar model of market.
- Senior level experience of managing commercial activities globally.
- Good understanding of commercial management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics.
- Overseas travel will be a requirement of the role.
This is position is being managed by Tom Earl of Pure Executive who are retained on to deliver this assignment. Please apply, or contact Tom for more details.