European Finance DirectorReference: BH-52597
You will be joining at a crucial time as the business is implementing a new ERP system (NetSuite) and will expect the postholder to take a lead role in ensuring this system is an enabler for greater efficiencies throughout the business. The incumbent will use their acquired knowledge of process and systems redesign to ensure a successful transition to the new platform.
Alongside this, you will be charged with the task of evolving the finance function into a front-facing business partner; proactively supporting the General Managers and providing useful insights beyond the numbers.
In the medium term there is the opportunity for this person to grow the role to CFO, with additional leadership responsibilities beyond Finance. The likely successful candidate will fit the following profile:
- Strong technical finance background – especially financial reporting and sufficient taxation knowledge to pick up the nuances of horseracing industry tax rules.
- Financial Controller level experience gained in a commercial setting
- Ambition to progress to FD and ultimately CFO
- Strong systems skills – ideally NetSuite but at least involved in the post-implementation roll out of a similar tool
- Hands-on approach to finance and to people management – be prepared to “get into the weeds”
- Highly developed communication skills used to building strong and trusting relationships.