Data EngineerJob not available
We are recruiting for a Data Engineer to sit within the Data team who is knowledgeable and comfortable with providing insight to management and senior members of the business. This role will require you to look into data from various sources and help to make recommendations from that.
PERSONAL TRAITS WILL INCLUDE:
- The ability to influence (not opinion but facts derived from the data)
- Commercially aware (you spot the insights that could make all the difference)
- Interpersonal skills (your comfortable working in a dynamic office with a diverse range of peers)
- Naturally curious with a real problem solving brain (never settling for just OK)
- Ability to believe in the work you are doing and bring others along on the journey (Have confidence & convinction in what you are doing)
TECHNICAL SKILLS WILL INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of Hadoop or Spark
- Scripting skills such as BASH or PowerShell
- Capable of working with Large datasets
- Linux experience (not a Linux Guru but some basic understanding of how it operates)
Day to day the position is offering you an unlimited amount of data across various different landscapes/formats & meanings. This could be marketing, product or financial data. You will have all of the tools required at your disposal, we all know technology moves at such a rapid pace - using an open source or paid tool that no one else is? Use it. As long as it gets the right results then go for it!
In return the firm are offering a position to join them at an exciting time, with a generous salary, a team all striving for the same goal, a very cool product lineup and some of the best offices in the Cambridge area! And the chance to be progress quickly within the organisation.
Much more detail can be given but please feel free to apply if you feel you have the right skillset.