Business Growth and Funding Officer - part timeReference: J57783
You will be responsible for providing a high quality, professional, proactive and effective service focussing upon new business appraisal, tendering and proposal preparation, with the aim of winning new business to enable growth and expansion. Alongside this, you will also research, monitor, and where appropriate, submit opportunities to access grant funding. In addition, you will provide knowledge, support and advice of your business area, helping to shape and deliver their mission.
Duties include -
* Act as the central point of any bid submission; pulling together specialists from across the organisation to appraise and assess the opportunity.
* Work with the Board, Directors and Leaders, proposing a business case to tender/bid for opportunities.
* To celebrate success, but, when a bid does not succeed, work collaboratively with the bid team to understand why, learn lessons, feedback and alter practice.
* Research, monitor and seek out grant funding, accessing and monitoring online portals that may provide new business opportunities.
The successful applicant will have
* Previous experience in tendering, bidding or winning work, ideally gained in the not for profit/local authority sector.
* Demonstrable experience of accessing grant funding and a knowledge of funding bodies and organisations.
* A strong knowledge of funding/grant providers and experience of bid and tendering processes.
* Uses an awareness of the bigger picture' to interpret and implement policy. Resilience and the ability to deal with conflict.
* Able to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively.
The role is a permanent position but is working 22 hours a week which can be worked to suit the individual. The role will involve an element of working from home you do however need to be able to travel to the Ipswich office as required. They are a super company to work for and offer a great working environment and competitive benefits.