Billing ManagerReference: J57067
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
• Motivate, mentor and provide leadership to the Billing team including setting and reviewing performance objectives on a regular basis using the formal appraisal process and other informal approaches
• Manage the workflow of the billing team and identify areas where efficiencies of the function can be improved and work with the Financial Operations Manager and Finance Director to implement approved changes
• Manage the billing team so that it provides an effective and timely service to the Firm, and meets the billing targets set
• Maintain a well organised Billing function, ensuring adequate staffing to provide cover so that the Billing team can respond to all requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensure the billing team adhere to strict external client SLAs and meet the requirements therein.
• Demonstrable comprehensive experience in a billing function in a professional services environment is essential
• Experience of managing a large operational finance team in a professional services environment
• Demonstrable comprehensive e-billing knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior partners, senior management and external clients
• Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and VAT Regulation, preferably supported by qualification
• Experience of internal and external compliance requirements in a regulated industry
• People management experience and implementation of new ideas and invigoration methods to drive improvement and progress
• Experience or knowledge of new technologies used to improve financial processes and experience or evidence of change implementation using new technology.