Assistant Management AccountantReference: J51028
The main duties of the role are as follows:
• Annually review and assist with Budget setting.
• Collate budget requests on behalf of department heads.
• Assist in the preparation of the final detailed draft budget; reporting directly to the Assistant Bursar.
• Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts supported by applicable analyses and variance reports.
• Preparation of monthly accruals, prepayments, other journals and various reconciliation's.
• Preparation and circulation of financial reports to Heads of Departments.
• Assist in improving the reporting process.
• Reconciliation of monthly payrolls and detailed analysis of department spend
• Preparation and assistance with regulatory returns
• Assist with year-end routines and provide relevant schedules in the preparation of the statutory accounts
• Preparation of journals and analysis of investment property income and expenditure.
• Preparation, for the Assistant Bursar, of the workings for businesses P11Ds
• Assist with the documentation of systems and internal controls
Knowledge and experience:
Extensive experience in a finance office (essential)
Experience in management accounting and budgeting (highly desirable)
Experience in a College environment or similar (desirable)
Good communication skills.
Strong analytical and methodical approach.
High standard of computer literacy including accounting software.
Strong Excel skills (essential).
The ability to manage own workload and meet strict deadlines.
Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise with a wide range of college departments and external bodies.
This role will pay up to c£30,000.