Assistant AccountantReference: J51339
Due to expansion, they are looking to increase the size of the Finance Team to support the Finance Manager in the production of the Management Accounts and financial accounts for both the organisation and their subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management reports for budget managers, review/reconciliation of control accounts and posting journals
- Maintain fixed assets ledger
- Co-ordinate and prepare budget papers
- Working closely with Budget Managers
- Supporting the Finance with any ad hoc duties
- Preparation of the final accounts in the financial ledger plus the audit file
- Prepare financial & statistical returns to external bodies as required including the HM Revenue & Customs
- AAT Qualified or Part Qualified
- Good Knowledge of Excel and ability to use IT effectively
- Experience in reconciling control accounts
- Experience of using computer based administration systems i.e Financial Systems and reporting tools
- The ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to manage and prioritise work load and target achievement.
- Comfortable to work to deadlines and under pressure to produce annual accounts to a set time-scale
The appointed person must be able to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday and will receive an great package in return.
If you feel this role is for you, please apply now to submit your application and interest.