18month FTC Purchasing AssistantJob not available
Responsibilities of the position include the following areas:
• Creating purchase orders, checking if correct approvals are in place and placing orders with suppliers.
• Managing and updating the purchase order database.
• Chasing any outstanding orders.
• Receiving in deliveries on to Purchasing system, matching with orders and filing delivery notes.
• Order, receive and distribute journal article requests and books.
• Assisting with booking in deliveries and stock takes.
• Meeting suppliers, requesting quotations and negotiating prices.
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Goods In and other responsibilities
• Cover the goods in deliveries when required
• Signing for deliveries
• Delivering orders to scientific labs
• Stock management including requisitions, re-orders and stock-takes.
• Assisting with external visitors on arrival.
• Previous experience in in Purchasing preferable or experience in a busy administrative/finance role
• Ability to prioritise and multitask
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently with all employees, suppliers and external visitors
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office. Great Plaines (Microsoft Dynamics GP) accounting system but no previous experience on this system is necessary
For more information on this role please call me today.
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: