18month FTC Purchasing AssistantReference: J49286
Responsibilities of the position include the following areas:
• Creating purchase orders, checking if correct approvals are in place and placing orders with suppliers.
• Managing and updating the purchase order database.
• Chasing any outstanding orders.
• Receiving in deliveries on to Purchasing system, matching with orders and filing delivery notes.
• Order, receive and distribute journal article requests and books.
• Assisting with booking in deliveries and stock takes.
• Meeting suppliers, requesting quotations and negotiating prices.
• Ad hoc duties as and when required.
Goods In and other responsibilities
• Cover the goods in deliveries when required
• Signing for deliveries
• Delivering orders to scientific labs
• Stock management including requisitions, re-orders and stock-takes.
• Assisting with external visitors on arrival.
• Previous experience in in Purchasing preferable or experience in a busy administrative/finance role
• Ability to prioritise and multitask
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently with all employees, suppliers and external visitors
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office. Great Plaines (Microsoft Dynamics GP) accounting system but no previous experience on this system is necessary
For more information on this role please call me today.